Thinking Summer: Unsalted’s Best Beaches in West Michigan
With the sounds of waves crashing and seagulls squawking in the distance, it’s easy to imagine you’re standing near the ocean while gazing upon the shores of Lake Michigan. From Mackinaw City to New Buffalo, West Michigan boasts some of the best beaches in the state. And whether you’re looking for a quintessential family vacation or a romantic getaway for two, Unsalted Vacation Rentals invites you to experience some of the Great Lake State’s most treasured assets.
Finding the Best Beaches in West Michigan
Determining what makes an excellent beach is undoubtedly a matter of opinion. Still, the best beaches in West Michigan all have a few things in common; gold-colored sands, idyllic blue water, and seemingly endless recreational opportunities. To help familiarize you with some of the foremost spots, we list five nearby locations that will get you started below.
- P.J. Hoffmaster State Park Beach near Muskegon offers a three-mile shoreline, stunning dune formations, and miles of hiking trails.
- Grand Haven State Park and City Beach are two distinct beaches in Grand Haven that are close to each other. Situated on the inlet of the Grand River, the Grand Haven State Park Beach has many noteworthy features like a playground, a beachcombing area, and a fishing pier. Meanwhile, the city beach has a dog-walking section and an overlook platform perfect for photography.
- Holland State Park Beach has several amenities, from concessions to a sizeable ADA-accessible playground. You may also enjoy the Black River boardwalk and views from Mt. Pisgah.
- Oval Beach near Saugatuck was once ranked in National Geographic Traveler’s top freshwater beaches in the U.S. Visitors and locals alike can attest to its summer beauty.
- Pere Marquette Park in Muskegon showcases a beautiful beach, playgrounds, picnic areas, fishing, and views of the South Breakwater and Muskegon South Pierhead lighthouses. This public beach is ideal for families looking for a range of activities.
Unsalted Lake Michigan Beach Vacation Rentals
From family getaways to romantic retreats, the best beaches in West Michigan have played host to innumerable guests. The shortlist above can help scratch the surface as you find your favorite beach spots and Lake Michigan communities. In the meantime, it’s never too early to start planning your West Michigan vacation. We have a wide selection of homes awaiting your arrival. Please visit us online today to find out more or browse our collection!