Beyond Shore: 6 Lake Michigan Boat Rentals for Summer Fun
With its sprawling shoreline, iconic lighthouses, and seemingly endless recreational opportunities, it’s no wonder that many of Unsalted Vacations’ guests choose Lake Michigan as a summer getaway destination. There’s something for everyone, from kayaking to jet-skiing and everything in between. And with an esteemed collection of Lake Michigan boat rentals nearby, exploring beyond the shore is easier than you may think!
To help you navigate through your many options and find the best boat rentals from Muskegon to South Haven, we put together a quick boat rental guide that will have you making waves in no time! Also, be sure to check out our feature about the best boat rentals in Holland, Michigan, for those of you staying there.
Lake Michigan Summers | 6 of the Best Boat Rentals Around
Spending time on the water is a summer staple around Lake Michigan. And in our neck of the woods, you’ll find easy access to one of the Midwest’s beloved vacation spots and fond memories to go with it. Thankfully, there is a wide range of boat rentals in the immediate vicinity, so here are some of our favorites.
- Grand Haven Boat Rental has provided vehicles for aquatic adventures for visitors and locals alike. Specializing in pontoons, they have several to choose from that can seat eight to ten passengers. Their boats have shade canopies, swim ladders, and Bluetooth speakers to set the vacation vibes!
- 3rd Coast Rentals boasts a stunning array of pontoons, speed boats, and personal watercraft. You can conveniently book your rental online with their seamless form, and they’ll even deliver it to you if you’re within their delivery zone.
- Freedom Boat Club has three Lake Michigan boat rental locations in Grand Haven, Muskegon, and Whitehall. Whether you want a high-speed day of wakeboarding or a tranquil float on a kayak, they’ll have you covered with their innovative membership program.
- Although Grand Haven Cycle Boat technically isn’t a boat rental service, it’s still worth adding to our guide because of how cool it is! For this unique experience, you’ll hop aboard a custom-built boat equipped with bike seats, allowing you to pedal your way to an unforgettable good time.
- Lakeshore Kayak Rental in Spring Lake offers single kayaks, tandem kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddle boards, but they also have self-guided trips and transport services.
- If you’re looking for an inland option, Waypoint Boat Rentals in Fruitport is open seven days a week and specializes in laid-back pontoon and tritoon rentals on the calm waters of Spring Lake.
- Bluewater Boat Rentals in South Haven has several small craft, pontoons, and speed boasts to rent by the hour, day, or week. And although they do offer same-day reservations, booking in advance is highly recommended.
Your Best Lake Michigan Summer Vacation
Now that you have a foundation to build on while looking for your favorite Lake Michigan boat rentals, you’ll have no issues making waves this summer! And at the end of each exciting day, you can rest up and recharge at your home away from home with Unsalted Vacation Rentals. To find out more or to make your reservations, please contact us online with our easy-to-use chat feature or by sending us a message!